Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last day of Spring

Some old friends came through town today. We missed out on dinner with a bunch of folks at Jason's Deli, but after a night spent on porch on a cool spring evening out on a farm - I'm kind of glad we missed the gathering and made the extra effort. I've been complaining so much about how our cold winter lasted a little too long this year and then went straight to the balmy hot as heck summer, but I spoke too soon. Tonight was gorgeous, and we had a great time hanging out and listening to stories. I guess that's why I'm not in much of a hurry to build a deck on our house. It just won't have that same feel - not in our neighborhood with the houses so close & no trees. But I did learn when it is appropriate to argue with a person pointing a gun at you. Dangerous, but sometimes necessary.

No comments: