Monday, November 03, 2008

Early voting

So Saturday we tried to go vote. Yes, I said tried. Max fell asleep in the car on the way over to the polling place and when we got in line we were informed that the line was about 1 hr & 45 minutes. After a few hemming & hawing, I decided that 1 hr & 45 min with the baby was not going to happen - and that although I would rather go ahead & vote, missing work on Tuesday & waiting in line without the baby would be a much better wait. All in all, I guess it worked out since I did end up doing research last night & deciding on who to vote for. All but 2 of the candidates I decided to vote for were endorsed by the Indy Weekly, so probably didn't matter all that much, but at least I feel like I did a bit of due diligence.

1 comment:

janiceoverman said...

I have voted by mail for the past ??? years. I like to review all my choices without time restraints. I think I'm better able to make informed choices. To me, it's worth the price of a stamp.

Bill likes the excitement of lining up at the polls to cast his ballot the old fashioned way. This way he's part of the process.
Again, I'll pay the postage!