Thursday, January 29, 2009

No No No!!!

Max's day care teacher was telling us today about how she thinks he is definitely ready to move up to the toddler room. He will move up with another boy who just turned 1 (Max turns 1 in exactly 1 week) - who's name is Hawke (cool name, huh?) Hawke just joined Carolina Kids Academy and he is a walker - so Max and Hawke have been having lots of fun running around the room as the only walkers. Ms. K said that she would miss Max and that he was a really good kid. She said that he knows his name & knows when you don't want him to do something specific. For example, today, she said Max went over to the cupboards where he is not supposed to mess with and he walked over, grabbed the handle, looked over at her, shook his head "no", jiggled that door a few times & then walked away.

The other day, he was pulling on some chords that were plugged into a power strip. I gave him a sharp "No!" which was probably the harshest I've been with him, but one of the chords was to the baby monitor which is on top of his armoire & could fall down on him or bring other stuff down. He stopped right away and then started reaching again. Since I knew he heard me the 1st time, I said "no" again slowly a few more times as he continued to reach. I had to laugh when he grabbed a pair of socks that was right next to the power strip and when the chords got a little caught on his arm, gently pulled them off his hand and then got his socks & showed them to me (so proud of himself). What a ham. I'm gonna have to watch this guy!!!

No comments: