Tuesday, November 28, 2006

new favorite stuff

Aside from Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives and Heros (yes, I know I watch a lot of TV), one of my new favorite shows is The Class. Maybe I miss the gay jokes with Will & Grace gone or something, but the dark humor always catches me a little off guard. The last Thanksgiving episode was pretty funny - check it out on the website for a few laughs.

So, yes, I watch entirely too much TV (and college basketball season has started, so that won't change - it's November, but it's starting to feel a whole lot like March already). But, I did actually start reading a bit lately. The last 2 books I read were:
Goodbye Tsugumi - picked this up at a Barnes & Noble bargain table, not something I do ever, but I'm glad I did. I might check out a few more books by the author - Banana Yoshimoto (unusual name, maybe that's what intrigued me). Not sure how to describe the book - honest, thoughtful, but it's up for grabs if anyone is interested.
The Known World - I think I actually heard about this book when the author was on Oprah. If not, at least that's why I thought I'd heard of it. I guess it took me a while to pick up who all the characters were - since I kept getting only a few pages read at a time, but after I got over that ADD hump, it was very interesting. Black slave owners, the slaves owned by them. Also up for grabs.

Need to decide on a new pda phone too. Been so busy & scatter-brained with the March of Dimes 5K volunteering, that I dropped my pda yesterday & it broke. Maybe I'll ductape the battery in just to be funny...probably the last thing I need to be doing is worrying about trying to learn how to use a new phone, but I was going to get a new pda phone soon anyway.

1 comment:

Bert said...

you need to post more.. its the point of a blog.