Sunday, June 01, 2008

Gross!

One thing I never really thought about when looking forward to seeing Max smile and laugh at us, was that this was a product of him being able to have & express feelings of joy and pleasure...which also comes along with him being able to feel and express displeasure. After a good nap today, Max woke up rather grumpy to say the least. After trying to calm him down a bit, we gave up on that idea and proceeded to get him ready to nurse. We suctioned out his nose since he's been very congested (and even started coughing productively this afternoon) and I tried to nurse him. Boy, was he even more ANGRY! He cried and screamed....so we walked him around a bit with a paci trying to get him to calm down again. We suctioned out his nose REALLY well this time and he was able to eat finally. He really hates having his nose wiped...I think he actually dislikes it more than having it suctioned.

Course he did start to cough a bit & proceeded to spit up all over me while nursing. And when you see pictures of women nursing in books on breastfeeding, they never show a picture of a woman with boogers all over her and her hungry babies nose. Sorry, I know this is more than some folks would like to know, but I ran to get dinner with spit up all over my undershirt just to get out of the house for a bit, so it's been that kind of an evening where I really just don't care that I'm supposed to look like I've got this all together 24-7. So anyway, as we eat dinner, Max is happily laying on his playmat talking to his toys and Wei Yan says to me (the topic of the day), "Do you really think Max is sick???" I don't bother pausing as I shove food into my mouth (I didn't realize I was hungry until I was on the way to pick food up at 8:30pm) and reply "Yup". Wei Yan says, "But he seems so happy now. I wonder what he was so upset about earlier" Wei Yan then decided to check on Max on the mat since we need to wipe his nose every few minutes it seems...and I think we've got our answer about him starting to get sick...
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carina said...

Hope he gets better soon... :( Kids with colds are not fun.

Unknown said...

*hahahah* that looks like bubblebath coming from his nose! poor baby!

janiceoverman said...

He's not congested now!

I found the heavy diapers for burp pads at Target. I bought 1 dozen and will try to sew some fabric on to it for decoration...if I can still see well enough to sew....

Mom/grandma

Unknown said...

that is so awesome! Only parents can appreciate the pool of boogies. Well, it's better out than in!