Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Passport Renewed & Getting Ready for HK!

Wei Yan went yesterday to the FedEx office to pick up his passport! All done! My boss did know someone at a senator's office, but she actually recommended that we use an private service to guarantee a faster turn around given our departure time.

We have the Duke game on Wednesday, but over the next few days, we'll need to start packing. Here are a list of things I've been told we need to bring:
  1. Toilet paper (Wei Yan's mom just came back from HK and says that many public bathrooms will not provide it. I may have to buy a bigger purse to lug a roll around with us - oh darn!)
  2. Hand Sanitizer Gel or maybe some travel baby wipes packs
  3. Pepto & Immodium
  4. ATM/Debit card to withdrawal more cash if necessary. They say the exchange rate would be determined by Visa (my debit card type). Went to the bank and had them approve my debit card for use in HK already.
  5. Snacks for the plane. No one is entirely sure how much or often they will feed us on the almost 16 hour flight from New Jersey to HK
Any other suggestions? This is the first time I'll be heading to this part of the world. I've been to Mexico (when I was really young) and France - and that's it! The toilet paper thing was a bit of a shock.

Our friend Sam will be joining us on our trip. He's getting ready to go back to work after a short leave of absence, so he decided to take a trip before heading back. We haven't decided much about what we'll be doing while we're there - I haven't cracked open the 2 HK books yet! Guess Wei Yan and I will have a decent amount of family stuff to do, so maybe Sam will end up using the books more than we will.

1 comment:

Carina said...

Yay! Have fun out there!