Friday, April 20, 2007

Bad day



We went to lunch yesterday at Akashi which is on Hwy 54 between Hwy 55 & Alston (Right next to China Express). When we came back to the car after lunch, this is what we found. The front door was closed, but the window looked like this! Guess they saw a bag I was using as a gym bag on the floor in the back (the windows are tinted and they still saw it). They found work out clothes and nothing else, so they didn't take anything else as far as we can tell, but the window still is going to cost $535 to replace. Good thing we have a glass policy with our auto insurance, so the deductible is lower than our comprehensive deductible.

This really stinks, cuz I normally make sure I don't leave anything on the seats (too easy to smash & grab out of convenience) and I would not leave anything tempting around. But I guess my free lancome tote does look like a "purse" to a dumb guy criminal. On Monday, I left a dirty tuperware container in that bag. It stunk after being in a warm car all day - so too bad I had already taken that home, or else the punk would have had a great surprise.

So, I had to take the rest of the day off. Took a lunch that was already on the longer side, then had to wait for 30 min for the cops to get there, probably another 30 min to write the report and then go to Honda to get the estimate before it started raining. Then another hour talking with insurance. The Durham officer who did the report was really nice, so it helped get me not so mad about it. Still not mad, just bummed at all the hassle.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Sucks, Robin. Lame-a** criminal.

Carina said...

Argh! Yikes...sorry 'bout the window. It's kind of like the time when some guy robbed the trunk of the Geo and stole my first aid kit.