Friday, July 13, 2007

Re: The Main Event!

Well, I am out in 504th for a cash of $25K.  Sam is still going strong at 460K chips.  Day 3 has just ended.  They are in the middle of the 15th level, 3K/6K blinds with at 1K ante.  The average chip stack is right around 360K and there are around 339 players left.  The payout level is at $39K now and will jump to $45K once they reach 288 players.  Play resumes tomorrow at noon pacific time.
 
My day just started out really bad.  I had 139K to begin the day.  My new table draw was not too favorable with several really good agressive players around me.  There were a few really tight players, but every single pot was a raised pot preflop.  I played a couple pocket pairs early for raises and got reraised off them, so right off the bat I was down to ~110K.  After that, I tightened up some and just couldn't get any cards at all.  I won a total of 2 hands that first level and was down to ~60K.  I was able to pick off a late position raiser by shoving with 99 in the BB and that got me back to 75K.  This is when hand for hand started with about 635 players remaining.  It took about 14 hands to burst the money bubble and by then I was down to ~55K. 
 
So finally, we get to playing again.  Third hand into it, I'm in the BB.  The same late position raiser comes in for another standard raise.  I look down at ATo and decide to make my stand and shoved my last 55K in.  He instacalls with JJ.  Guy to my left says he folded an A... great.  I say "dealer, give me two tens".  Sure enough, flop comes TT6 and I double up.  I go to dinner break with 97K.
 
After dinner, blinds go to 2.5K/5K with a 500 ante.  I'm looking to double up some how.  Bout third hand into it, I find AJo in middle position and bring it in for a standard raise of 15K.  It's folded around to the BB who is the big stack at the table with 700K in chips.  He calls.  Flop comes J84 with 2 clubs.  He says the flop hits him, I'm thinking that's good and bet.  He calls.  Turn is an offsuit 3, I bet, he calls.  River is K of clubs.  He goes all in.  I have 35K left at this point and the pot is ~165K.  For some reason, I didn't put him on the flush draw and decided to call off the rest of my chips.  He flips A9 of spades for the nuts.  Doh.  At first I thought he had ace high and was ready to rake the pot.  I don't think there is any way I get away from this hand and the big stack is not folding either, so I think I get stacked here no matter how I play it. 
 
I guess I'll just have to wait for next year. :-(  Thanks for all the support!  We still got Sam to cheer on and he's got chips to play with!
 
Wei Yan Chan

No comments: