Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dreamgirls

We went to go see Dreamgirls tonight! I heard all about the nominations, but was mostly excited to see Jennifer Hudson, since I was really mad when she got kicked off of American Idol and I know she can sing. I'm not a huge fan of musicals, but with the Motown/soul music and the great story, I really loved it. Wei Yan thought some of the sequences where they are singing dialogue were a little weird, and some of the scenes with Eddie Murphy made me laugh cuz they had just a little too much resemblance to the "Sexual Chocolate" scenes in Coming to America. So, in terms of story telling, I think it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

1 comment:

janice overman said...

I highly recommend "Letters from Iwo Jima." It was really a first rate movie based in part on fact. (The commander & Baron were fact.) The pictures the commander drew for his children were authentic. They were drawn by the Japanese commander, and used in the movie.