Thursday, September 06, 2007

beef, it's what's for dinner

For some reason, I can always eat hamburger or ground beef. Chicken used to be my staple, but with this pregnancy, beef is the meat of choice these days. Perhaps it is the fact that I made tri-tip early in the pregnancy & then only ate the well done pieces (since everything is supposed to be well cooked through) that I haven't eaten a steak since becoming pregnant. Well done beef tri-tip of steak is just not my thing.
For some reason, I just have no desire to eat a steak. I don't know that it revolts me, but even if I had a steak put down in front of me, I just couldn't stomach it. Before I was pregnant, I could eat red meat maybe a few times a week - and a nice medium rare ribeye was a treat. If I had beef for lunch, I probably wouldn't feel like having beef for dinner, but today it is patty melt for lunch & hamburger helper for dinner. I'm eating even when I don't feel hungry - partially because I know if I wait until I "feel hungry" it will come on with such intensity that I might pass out trying to figure out what to eat (or kill anyone perceived as getting in my way). And also, cuz work has been pretty stressful these days, and when I'm stressed I don't feel hungry. I've only gained 5-6 lbs to date (after gaining back the 5 lbs I lost in the first trimester), but the doctor assured me that if I only gain 20, given my height & frame, it would be fine.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

mmmm....