Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back to Work

Monday was my first day back to work. It started off a bit slow since I had to wait on my OB's office to fax me a letter that I needed clearing me to go back to work. So Wei Yan left in the morning to take Max to day care and I got some time to clean the house a bit (yeah, to look at you would never be able to tell I had done anything...but the 45min was the most I've done at one time in forever). My work email inbox was just shy of 700 emails. For 10 weeks that's not bad! I was able to delete most of them and only read maybe 50-100. Yes, I was counting down the minutes I had to go pick up Max, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Monday evening and Tuesday were a bit rough, we're trying to figure out if Max's eczema is bothering him (crap, i just added "ezcema" to the mozilla spellchecker by accident....darn it). So by Tuesday evening I was ready to go back full time. Wednesday at work, I figured out I'll be taking off Tuesdays and Thursdays until May 20th and then I'm full time after that.

Course this morning things are much nicer. Max was pretty fussy last night. The day care said that we should bring in some diaper cream for his "bm, uncontained" that irritated his bottom - I was annoyed at first but once I checked it out, I was impressed cuz I think they were actually being overly cautious. Still that might have been bothering him a bit on top of the ezcema. Fed him at 10:15pm, and Max woke up at 3:20am for a feeding. Then he was asleep by 4am and didn't wake up until 8:30am. I fed him and we played for a bit and he fell fast asleep around 10am. Hopefully today will be much better! It would really suck if the last 10 days of my maternity leave are spent taking care of a really cranky baby! This morning he was smiling and loving just hearing me talk to him and watching the ceiling fan from his bassinet after breakfast. I'd post some pics, but the camera is still in Wei Yan's car right now...soon.

1 comment:

makihsieh said...

Already back to work! Gosh, sounds way too soon. But I'm glad you found a great day care!