Friday, February 08, 2008

Introducing Maxton Takahiro Chan

It has been a couple of long nights. We finally decided on a name, Maxton Takahiro Chan. We were released from the hospital yesterday around 5pm and suddenly we were on our own. Things have been a little crazy since. No more room service. No more calling the nurse for help with Max. No more sending him to the nursery for some rest. Yeah, the hospital was nice.

Our first night at home was sleepless to say the least. Max just would not sleep on his own. He would only sleep if someone held him. So Robin and I took turns holding him last night while the other slept. I think I actually dozed off a few times holding him... luckily I didn't drop him!

We took Max to the doctor today just for a quick check up and they said he has gotten more jaundiced. He is reading 12.4 on some jaundice scale, up from 7.5 when he left the hospital. We have to bring him back to the pediatritian tomorrow to see if it is still going up. If so, they will place him under some lamp or something.

CC has been a great help these last few days. She's been over here helping us watch Max and even got us food and did some grocery shopping for us. Thanks Sis!

I would also like to thank everyone for their well wishes in emails, text messages, voicemails. I have read and heard them all. I apologize for not responding back but it has been very crazy here, lots to adjust to. Max has been taking up all of our time and energy!

Tekelec released their earnings yesterday. Numbers were good. Yay! Stock goes down? Boo! Bonus is 140% Yay! So that's a wash I guess.

Anyway, here are a few recent pics:






4 comments:

Carina said...

Hello Max! Glad you all are home safe. I hope that you find your spurts of rest here and there. Welcome to parenthood!

Unknown said...

Cute!! Congratulations on little Max (love the name!) and getting through labor and the first week. *ehhehe* Robin --- remember me? :)

Bert said...

Robin!!! He looks JUST LIKE WEI!!!
(is that good?)

Congrats! You just had to have him when I left the country, but I guess I shall forgive you. Post many pics and updates, if you have the time =).

and Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Welcome home, Max. Give Mommy and Daddy a break, let them sleep a little. It can and WILL only get better from here.