Monday, January 21, 2008

Shoyu Weenies!

We have 1 more week to go, and I can't remember the last time I had a hot dog (pregnant women are supposed to be careful that they get heated up enough to kill any lysteria and also the nitrates are not supposed to be so great for babies/kids). But after reading this story, I'm craving some shoyu weenies!

Anyway, if you've ever wondered why Japanese Americans love hot dogs and ketchup, read that article! I can't eat eggs without a LOT of ketchup...I mean, no ketchup = I'll pass on the eggs. Pretty interesting story and I guess I never wondered why other asian americans or americans seems so snobby when it comes to spam, hot dogs and canned corned beef. I guess I've got no qualms because I grew up eating it and it's all because of the forced introduction of such foods in the internment camps.

1 comment:

Carina said...

That's an interesting article...you know, Koreans really like spam, too. Their specialty is kimchi fried rice with spam. Yum.